Friday, March 25, 2011

Christchurch Earthquake Relief Journal (Day 20)

Today was a day to finish well my responsibilities and farewell some great people!

It continues to amaze me how you can make such strong connections with like minded people in such a short period of time. To Daryl, Clive, David D, Andrea, Eric, Robbie, David S, Robert C, Vicki & SAMIS team, Alistair & crew, you are awesome people and a great team, doing a great work to contribute to the recovery of Christchurch. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you all over the past three weeks.

This has been an amazing learning experience that has made a huge impact on my life and leadership. I have appreciated the many opportunities I have had to serve, care, observe, plan and lead in an environment that presents new challenges each day. It is my hope and desire that what I have experienced and learnt from this trip will contribute into our leadership and ministry at the Noarlunga Corps. Although, we have a very different context to what is being experienced in Christchurch, we minister daily to the lost, hurting and broken in our community.

By sharing my daily thoughts with family and friends throughout this deployment, I wanted to invite you to join with me in my journey, include you in this ministry, and in turn invest into your lives also. Thank you for your kind thoughts, prayers and support throughout my time away. It has been an enormous encouragement reading your good wishes each day! Stay happy, healthy & holy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment