Thursday, March 24, 2011

Christchurch Earthquake Relief Journal (Day 19)

I had a relatively early night, for me, last night which made all the difference, as I have been running on fumes (Black Coffee & Red Bull) the last few days! I even woke up before my 6 am alarm this morning!!

Getting ready for my departure on Saturday is mixed with a variety of emotions. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay and contribution to the relief effort and have worked alongside some amazing people. Yet, I look forward to returning home to reconnect with my family and reengage with our mission at Noarlunga. I am passionate about IES ministry to disaster affected countries but am also passionate about the local church and love being a Corps Officer. I enjoy being abroad, but in the words of a famous movie line, 'there is no place like home'. Working with a new team of friends in New Zealand has been personally enriching, but God has blessed us with an awesome team at Noarlunga that are empowering my life and leadership. I have seen much human suffering over the past few weeks, which only fuels my determination to respond to the very real needs in our community.

So, I gladly embrace this tension that allows me to share my affections and passions across a variety of ministry opportunities that contribute to the international mission of The Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment