Monday, May 1, 2023

Solomon Islands District - Easter Campaign (West Kwara'ae)

Reports written by Festus Ganiomea and Nirit Taba'a


Our mission trip to Rauai in West Kwara’ae was a very successful one, with five of us who travelled down during the Easter weekend. Our trip began here at Honiara ports on Thursday, 6th April 2023, where we boarded MV Auki Express and departed at 8 am. The trip was very exciting because two of our mission teams boarded the same ship to Auki. We reached Auki and boarded a truck to where we headed to.

My team arrived at Rauai late in the afternoon and we took a little rest and later prepared for our first program in the evening. During that evening we had our first program, which was the film crusade about Hell and Heaven. There were more than 80 people who attended that film show during the night.

On Friday, 7th April, which was Good Friday, we had a morning service and elder Jackson took the opportunity to share from the Word of God to the people. His sermon was based on Philippians 2:5-8. After that sermon, he gave an appeal and 14 people responded to God’s Word. Out of that 14, only two couples accepted Christ for their first time and the others recommitted their lives back to Christ. In the evening, we showed the film the Passion of the Christ and 70 people attended that show. Next day, we just rested.

On Sunday, 9th April, for the Easter Sunday Service, Solomon and the youth at Rauai lead us powerfully into worship and Elder Jackson got another chance to share again to us from God’s word from Romans 12:1-2. His sermon was very powerful and after that sermon 5 people responded to God’s Word. Later that evening, we had to refilm the Passion and Hell movie as they requested.

On Monday, 10th April, the team returned back to Honiara safely on the Auki Express. These mission trips were truly a challenge for those of us who we left our comfort zone and stepped into the field where we encountered so many things. We just want to give all the glory back to our Lord Jesus Christ for His strength and guidance throughout the whole mission. To God be the glory, great things He has done.

Festus Ganiomea


This year’s Easter Campaign has been a joy and blessing for me. I have been challenged by the theme saving others and sacrificial living. I had experienced God’s blessing and God answered my prayer after this campaign and I thank God for that, as it motivates my faith and belief that He is the King of kings and Lord of lords who has risen from the dead so I may be saved.

I also want to express how God has been with me, as I can see what has been done at Rauai community throughout the weekend. We experienced the devil trying to disturb our program and families had been attacked by evil spirits but as Ephesians 6:12 says, ‘we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in the dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armour so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil.’

However, I’ve picked an object when reflecting back on my journey with the Lord. The object is a key to a lock. If there is a right key to a right lock, nothing can stop you to unlock that particular door that has been locked. Nothing is hard for the Lord to fight against the right enemy. And then I release that if I want to be sacrificially living for Jesus. I must have the right spirit in me, make right choices, with right armour to fight against evil, like a right key to a lock to unlock it so that I will be able to save others. I praise God for all He has done for me, to save me and accept me for who I am. To God be the glory, great things He has done.

Nirit Taba’a


No comments:

Post a Comment