Monday, May 1, 2023

Solomon Islands District - Easter Campaign (Western Province)

Reports written by Envoy Alick Hagi and Irene Aebata


Our mission team departed Honiara on the 2nd April 2023 and was the first team to leave. Our team consisted of two youth, namely Junior Ganiomea and Irene Aebata, myself and wife Esther Hagi. Our destination was to stop at Noro and catch a public bus to Munda. We got a public three tonne truck from Noro to Munda. The transport dropped us at the church in Dunde, an area called Tolovae. Our team met up with Rex and Manalyn and had morning tea before children began to arrive for the morning Learning Space. Rex requested Junior and Irene to take the morning devotion. They had a class and then Rex told the children that they will have an Easter break.

Our team rested while Rex went to Lambete station to do the shopping for the old people that will be visited and given a little blessing. We accompanied Rex to distribute the food to the old people. The families appreciated the food given to them. In the afternoon, Mr. Apollos Tuzakana arrived at Munda. He walked across Kohingo Island and got a boat at Rawaki across to Noro and a bus to Munda.

The next day, Tuesday 4th April, Apollos wanted us to visit his place. He organized a bus from Munda to Noro, and then a boat ride from Noro to Bonosi to his place in Vonavona lagoon. All the expense were meet by Mr. Apollos. We got to his place and were met by their family who prepared for us. I had the opportunity to conduct an awareness session about The Salvation Army for the whole community and after Mr. Apollos ask his family what is their decision. He made it clear to them that he will join The Salvation Army even if they will wait. We went back to Noro and caught a public bus back to Munda.

On Wednesday we had a rest day then on Thursday 6th April, in the evening Junior and Irene did a session for the youth. There were 7 youth that attend the session. Friday, 7th April was Good Friday and so I preached on our District Easter theme “Sacrificial Living” from

Philippians 2:5-8. On Saturday, 8th April I did Soldiership Classes with three recruits. Then in the afternoon, Irene and Junior Gani did a class for five of our leaders: Rex Tiokomateana, Manalyn Tiokomateana, Apollos Tuzikana, Mary Tuzikana, and Kendrick Lonisasa from Barakoma New Opening.

On Sunday, I preach again on our theme for Easter “Sacrificial Living” from Romans 12:1-2. We had 7 seekers that responded to the message. I had the opportunity to present a New Opening Certificate to Kendrick from Barakoma. After the service on Sunday, Kendrick and Apollos left for Noro by Public Bus. Our mission to Munda, Western Province was a very successful trip. Junior Ganiomea recommends that in the future we need to send two youth to help in our new mission and fellowship. I am in support of the idea and will wait for our District Team to approve the vision.

Envoy Alick Hagi


I was so blessed to be in Munda for the Easter campaign as part of the team to Western Province. We had a great time together with the youth, as well as the adult leaders of our church. I saw that God is moving in Munda. I was very excited when I saw what God is doing in the lives of the young people.

For Junior and myself, we didn’t expect that we would lead a youth program but somehow God had spoken in our hearts when the youth at Munda came forward and asked if we could do the youth program for them. We led a program for them on Thursday afternoon. What God is doing by using us when we were in Munda, I haven’t seen anywhere except in Munda what God has placed in the hearts of the young people. I’m so very excited that we came to meet each other and share with them the Word of God through the songs we sang and through our testimonies. Also Junior and I had the privilege to share the ‘Good Life for All Boys and Girls’ training. For me to lead our leaders in this training was a challenge, but now I am able to teach the adults and I can confidently say that they are also excited about the training. It feels different when God has called you to be His witness and when you are His witness, He will bless you.

In Bonosi, I see that God will continue to touch the lives of the people and the families in Bonosi. They were very excited by our visit to their village and were interested to learn about The Salvation Army church, so we shared with them what God has for them as a community. For me, going to Western Province was not easy because I thought that I’m too young to go on a mission, but somehow God has a plan for my life, so He changed my mind that I’m His witness and I will go wherever He calls me. I will answer His calling.

I just want to give all glory and honor back to God. To God be the glory, great things he has done in Western Province.

Irene Aebata


No comments:

Post a Comment