Thursday, September 12, 2019

Holy Land Pilgrimage Journal (Day 1)

Thursday, 12th September 2019


As I set off on the 'Footsteps of Jesus' Holy Land tour, I find my mind turning to the powerful prayer of St Francis of Assisi that has spoken to me and challenged me many times throughout my Christian Pilgrimage:

"Most High, Glorious God

Enlighten the darkness of my heart,

and give me right faith,

certain hope, and perfect charity,

 wisdom and understanding,

Lord, that I may carry out your Holy and true command.

Amen"

In carrying out God's work in my current role, a certain degree of darkness of heart has overshadowed this work.  My prayer over this couple of weeks is that God's light (Jesus) may penetrate that darkness as I retrace His steps through the Holy Land.





No comments:

Post a Comment