Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jakarta Mission Trip (Day 7)

After a day of touring around Jakarta with Nyoman & Suni, I had the opportunity to speak at a youth event at Jelambar Corps to explore further the vision launched at the family camp on the weekend.  Below is my sermon outline...



VISI MENUJU HARAPAN


Selamat malam. Katakan pada orang di samping anda…  “Yesus Kristus adalah harapan dunia!”

[Youth Participation - Blindfolded: “What do you see?”]

When you were blind folded, all you could see was darkness, but when I shone the torch in your face (while still blind folded), you were able to see light in the darkness…

This is what having a “vision” does. It helps us to look through the darkness towards a light of hope. It changes our view of reality. It enables us to see beyond what is to what could be! It gives us a different view of ourselves, others and the world around us.

When Peter preached to the crowd who had gathered at Pentecost, he reminded them of the words of the prophet Joel:

“In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy” (Acts 2:17-18)

When God pours His Spirit upon the youth of this Corps, He will give you a vision of tomorrow!

What do you think that vision might look like? You can stop wondering, because God has given us a clear view through His prophets...


1. Vision of HOLINESS (Isaiah 6:1-5)


Isaiah saw his own sinfulness - “I am a man of unclean lips” (v 5)

God gave him a vision of His holiness - “My eyes have seen the King, the Almighty God” (v 5)


2. Vision of HEALING (Jeremiah 33:6-9)


Jeremiah saw the brokenness of a city - “I will hide my face from this city because of all its wickedness” (v 5)

God gave him a vision of healing and restoration - “I will bring heath and healing to it” (v 6)


3. Vision of HOPE (Ezekiel 37:11-12)


Ezekiel saw the death of a nation - “Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone” (v 11)

God gave him a vision of hope and life - “I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them” (v 12)


When you look at your own life, what do you see?

When you look at your city, what do you see?

When you look at your nation, what do you see?


I want to speak the same prophesy of Ezekiel to you today and say that…

  • I see a “vast army”, rising up to take its place, filled with the life and power of the Holy Spirit!
  • I see a people who, in the victory of the resurrected Christ, have been restored and made whole!
  • I see a generation of young people who are a part of God’s redemptive plan for the city of Jakarta!

No comments:

Post a Comment